Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Best Friend



 Our Savior, Jesus Christ, not only created many worlds, this earth being one, but he created our bodies.  He created, with Father in Heaven as an overseer, everything on this earth, which was meant for the use of man.  He is my best friend.  He is Almighty and powerful, omnipotent and all seeing, but He still has time for me.  He finds the time, through His Holy Ghost, to comfort me, and console me.  He brings me peace, and joy.  He makes me smile and forget all my problems of the day.  He has mercy on me, and is forgiving of my wrongdoings.  He is very understanding.  He has so much love,  He has it for all of us, and there's much more leftover. He gives us love to love our families and friends,  even our pets.  He came to this earth 2011 years ago, to satisfy the need we had for a Redeemer.  Without Him, we would be filthy with sin and would never be able to return to He and Father after our earth life.  We would have died spiritually as well as temporaly.

      Amulek from the Book of Mormon states:  Alma 34: 8-9   ..."I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of His people, and that He shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it.  For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made. or else all mankind must unavaoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which is expedient should be made."

  Because He, God, came to this earth as a man, lived His life as a perfect being, and suffered horribly for all of our sins, we are able to return to Him for eternity.  He bled from each pore as He endured the pressure and pain from all of our sins.  I know many of the pores that He bled were for me, and my sins.  He was taken from the Garden of Gethsemane, and beaten with whips that had iron balls with spikes on it, more than thirty times.  He was spat upon, scorned, and jeered at.  He was given in mockery a crown of thorns, thrust upon His head to ridicule, and He bled.  He was made to lug His own means of His death, a heavy cross, to His death place on Calvary.  They hammered His hands and feet to the cross, while He spake nothing.  They gave Him vinegar stuck to a long stick to apply to His parched lips and drink as they laughed and ridiculed Him.  They mocked and called Him "King of the Jews". 

He was an innocent man.  He was a perfect man, and had done nothing wrong.  All He offered us, was peace and love.  He even loved the men who put Him to death, asking Father to forgive them because they didn't comprehend what they were doing.  And He lives!!  And He's there for all of us, to heal us, to show us miracles, to wipe away our tears, and to hold us when we're lonely.  We just need to ask for His help.   He's ready whenever we are, and He will never turn us down, or tell us to wait a minute.  He's always there for us, and eager to show us He cares.  I love Him with all my heart, and I just wanted to describe to you how much He means to me and inform you of His undying and unselfish love and mercy He has upon us.

2 comments: